Friday 19 April 2019

I'm springing into Action for Easter

Those of you who have read the dedication on my "Genealogy in Hertfordshire" Website (In memory of my daughters, Belinda and Lucy) will not be surprised that I need to control my stress levels and sometimes I have to lie back and let the world roll by.

Usually this is only for a day or two but last year my stress levels rocketed, in part at least because I found the chaos surrounding Brexit very unsettling. As a result the recent period of relaxation has lasted many months - during which time I have posted very little online - neglecting this blog..

In fact when I am in maximum relaxation mode I still need to keep my mind active by doing some kind of research.  On this occasion I decided to track down an artist who had produced comic cards for the Crown Publishing Company of St Albans in about 1908. Rather than just sitting and watching the TV much of my time has been spent trawling through thousands of comic postcards on ebay. The research has been most entertaining and proved very complex (and so a stimulating mental challenge). It took much longer than expected but I have now established that the card fragment on the left was drawn by a well know comic card artist called Fred Spurgin [ See details of the research]

As I am now more relaxed I have decided to restart posting on this blog, and will use it for general comments - and also for my further work on CODIL and the Evolution of Human Intelligence - as trying to split the CODIL related posts off was one of the causes of stress.

[I will post this on my other blogs - in each case saying how "springing into action" will affect future activity.]

2 comments:

  1. The well laid plans of mice and men often go astray. ...

    Having posted this I had plans for more posts to this blog, and my other blogs, over the coming week. However over Easter we did a family visit and on the way back the car's automatic gearbox started playing games - not much fun on a busy M25 with a passenger with mobility problems. Fortunately a short stop on the hard shoulder to switch the engine on and off eased the problem and we were able to limp home at no more than 50 in the inside lane.
    As it happened the car was scheduled to be replaced before the next MOT test - but the last few days has been spent rushing round for a possible replacement car which will be suitable for the disabled passenger ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O K. It is now the end of July and hopefully I will b able to get things moving again, but as one of the things that caused me to become depressed was Brexit I will just try and be optimistic.

    ReplyDelete